Sunday, May 19, 2013

About Me



Hi, my name is Lauren Miller. I am currently a freshman studying biology at Santa Clara University in Santa Clara, California. Originally I’m from a suburb of Seattle, Washington, so living in sunny California has been quite the treat. This is my first blogging experience, and I’m excited to start. The challenge: six weeks, no meat. I will blog about how hard it is, my mood and energy levels, what I ate and how much I enjoyed it, along with information on the health aspects of being a vegetarian. I am lactose-intolerant (although I break the rules sometimes) and the majority of vegetarians get their protein from milk, so I’m going to have to find alternatives. I will also be discussing the ethical reasons behind people making the change to a vegetarian lifestyle and the truth behind the quality of the meat we are eating. As I’m working on this project, you’ll be learning alongside me since my knowledge on these subjects are limited. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy writing them (and hopefully I enjoy being a vegetarian).

No comments:

Post a Comment